Shega is a content and data company that is building a go to platform for startups, tech companies, investors, entrepreneurs, and anyone interested in the Tech, Startups, and Finance landscape in Ethiopia.
What we’re looking for
Shega is looking for digital marketing Officer who will be overlooking and managing the brand development, digital marketing, graphic design and in general lead the company’s digital and creative needs.
Creating graphic designs and maintain, the ‘look and feel’ of a line of products and a corporate image of Shega or Clients. The digital officer will be responsible for making sure a cohesive message, consistent, creative and aesthetic design elements are conveyed throughout the line of products, publications, websites, and other marketing materials of Shega and its clients.
Social Media – The officer is responsible or managing Shega’s or clients social media presence. The tasks include developing, implementing and managing social media strategy, defining the most important social media KPIs, creating, managing and oversee visual and written social media content, collaborate with the team for monthly editorial calendar and measure performances.
SEO and SEM – a digital officer is responsible for ensuring Shega’s platform or client’s website is easily found by the target audience. The respobility includes optimising website structure and content for search engines (SEO) and/or the use of paid online advertising (SEM) helps to drive relevant traffic to Shega
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Outstanding copywriting skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- You have an interest on tech and startup scene within the region, Ethiopia especially.
- You can work independently with minimal supervision
- You understand what readers want and what our customers want.
- You can read, converse, and write in both English and Amharic
- Experience in a digital marketing and graphic design
Why join us?
- You’ll get a ringside seat to the future of the Ethiopian Startup and tech economy.
- You’ll play an important role in shaping the growing startup ecosystem in Ethiopia.
- You will build a close connection with industry experts and major players from Ethiopia, Africa, and the world.
- An open, flexibile, supportive, and fun team and work environment. Trips, Night outs, deep conversations and more. If that is not enough, you get to build and shape the team culture/
- A competitive salary for startup and market rate.
- An annual bonus compensation
- A discounted or free access to Shega Co-living spaces we will launch.
- The potential to be the head of Brand Studio and lead the process of making it a standalone department.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email our resume to email@example.com
- Include the role’s title in your subject line.
- Add previous works or portfolio if you have any
Shega Media and Technology PLC is an Addis Ababa based digital media and research company that focuses on the innovation, technology, and startup space in Ethiopia. We produce high-value articles, analysis, reports, visuals, and a weekly newsletter. We also organize engaging events, support brands, and provide research and advisory service. Our latest platform, in addition to the Media business, also provide a Job listing, event and company listing service. Since launching in 2019, our content has been consumed more than 200,000 times. The main demographic of our content and initiatives are young Ethiopians who are university students and graduates, professionals, developers, entrepreneurs as well as startups, tech companies, investors, support organizations, and regulators. We capitalize on our understanding of the ecosystem, the community we have built, and the data we have collected and curated, to partner with various organizations and companies to support specific projects.